POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Imprisoned - WIP (80.7kb bu) : Imprisoned - WIP (80.7kb bu) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 10:21:59 EDT (-0400)
  Imprisoned - WIP (80.7kb bu)
From: Kevin Ellis
Date: 30 Apr 2001 14:09:52
Message: <3aedaa70@news.povray.org>
Hi there.

Well I've been rendering this for a couple of days at 0pps and decided to
stop there (about 200 lines short) and do some more work on it. I can only
really take the credit for the clouds and the water.
The hills are an isosurface covered in grass from a modified version of
Gilles' MakeGrass macro i.e. allow use of trace and hidden patch (other side
of hills) removal. I realise this is overkill as the detail is lost in this
size render but I just felt like doing it :) The reeds are also made using
the MakeGrass macro, but the bullrushes are my own work, well something had
to be.
The tree is made with Andrew Clinton's SplineTree, although I may change it
to the weeping willow that comes with Gilles' MakeTree. Just thought,
wouldn't this image be a bit bland without Gilles' hard work :)

Well I'd better get on with adding something else of my own work that should
create some shadows which are lacking at the moment. As always comments and
criticisms more than welcome.

Kev
--
http://perso.libertysurf.co.uk/kevin.ellis